Texas Cross Timbers’ Most Recommended Slate Roofing Specialists
Quality Roof Work, Exceptional Customer Service
Slate Roofing Services in Stephenville You Can Trust
Slate roofing is considered one of the highest-end roofing options available. It is a natural stone that is heavy and durable, perfect for protecting your home against harsh elements all year round. Slate roofing also comes in synthetic options if you’re looking for something more lightweight on top of your home, as well as for your budget.
Bar H Contractors is a Stephenville roofing company committed to providing only the best slate shingle roofing. We’ll assist you every step of the way. Call us today to schedule a free consultation. In addition to slate roofing, we also have experience in asphalt shingle, tile, cedar, and metal roofs.
Types of Slate Roofs We Install
Nothing says lifelong like a well-built slate roof. Because it is a natural rock, slate roofs can be extremely heavy. Before installing a natural slate roof, you must ensure your home can handle the weight. If your home can’t hold the weight, your home may be able to be retrofitted with the assistance of a structural engineer. But the extra effort is worth it once you have a beautiful slate roof atop your home!
Synthetic slate has the same iconic style as stone slate at a fraction of the cost and weight. This weight reduction makes it far faster to install and also far less expensive, although it may not last as long as natural slate.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When deciding the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Beautiful: Whether you opt for synthetic slate or natural stone, both will turn every head that passes by your home!
- Longevity: It is not uncommon to see a natural slate roof last for over 100 years.
- Home Value: Because of its durability, longevity, and beauty, a slate roof will add significant value to your home.
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Expert care: Inexperienced roofers can easily damage slate if they are not careful, and improper installation can lead to expensive problems. Make sure to hire a professional that has the knowledge and experience to do it right from the start!
- Weight: Natural slate is very heavy and cannot be installed on just any building. We will need to make sure your home or property is structurally sound before installation.
Slate Roof FAQs
How long will a slate roof last in Stephenville, TX?
Slate roofs can last from 50 years to over 100 years. This will depend on how well you maintain your roof and what external forces your roof endures over the years.
Are there any disadvantages to slate roofs?
The biggest disadvantage is the weight of natural slate. We will need to make sure that your home’s frame can handle the extra weight before installation.
How do I maintain a slate roof?
Like most roofs, staying on top of your gutter maintenance and keeping your roof clear of debris will help it last longer. Otherwise, maintenance for a slate roof is minimal.
Hire a Team of Roofing Professionals You Can Trust
At Bar H Contractors, we’re committed to providing superior customer service and excellent craftsmanship. We’re ready to show our customers exactly what makes us different. We’ll be happy to discuss your residential roofing needs and offer a free, budget-friendly inspection.
Reach out to us today to get your free inspection!